Unix System Administrator - AIX
An exciting opportunity have arisen to join an innovative leader within advanced technology for a Unix System Administrator! Contributing in a small team of specialists, you will play a key role in managing, configuring and modernising the company's existing infrastructure.
In this role as the Unix System Administrator you will cover and be responsible for key storage (e.g. Ceph), Unix-like Compute and all virtualization (VMware) solutions along with the associated hardware. You will be tasked with installing, configuring and troubleshooting the chosen technologies in line with the business' standards.
Key skills needed for the Unix System Administrator:
- Any experience around both open source and commercial versions of Linux and Unix such as; IBM AIX, Ubuntu, Debian etc.
- Exposure to enterprise storage systems (Netapp)
- In depth understanding of Unix based operating systems, Linux preferable.
- Strong requirement gathering and troubleshooting skills.
- Passion or open source technologies
This role does require you to partake in a 24/7 support rota so you must be able to work in a 24hr shift pattern.
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience) + benefits
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Unix System Administrator: Unix System Administrator, Linux, Open Source, NetApp, Ubuntu
Apply now for immediate consideration on this excellent opportunity!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy
- System Administrator