Don't miss out on an excellent opportunity to join a global, market-leading organisation with multiple sites across the UK and Europe, as a Server Engineer with UNIX and Linux.
The Server Engineer provides third-level support to all Storage, SAN and Servers spanning Linux on VMWare and AIX on P Series across Europe. Being part of this team you will be able to work with a variety of technology solutions. You will be part of the team where people development is one of the focus areas and where your ability to learn new things is more than appreciated.
- Full lifecycle management of all Unix and Storage systems in Europe
- Providing third line management and support for the Unix based Operating Systems and Storage systems
- Actively seeking opportunities to improve the processes, technologies and stability of the Unix and storage estate
- Performing routine system maintenance
- Auditing & implementing remediation actions to comply with IT Governance policies and procedures
- Performing root cause problem investigations and implementing remediation
- Ensure compliance with the teams SLA’s and measure KPI’s ensuring the success of the team
- Support the full project lifecycle delivering solutions on time, first time
- Strong knowledge of IBM AIX 6 and above
- Knowledge of Redhat or Oracle Linux Operating Systems
- IBM Storage solutions
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Readiness to undertake challenges
- English B2/C1 & good communication skills
Additional competencies (Nice to have)
- SAN fabric knowledge
- ITIL foundation
- Ability to work in virtual and multicultural team’s environment
- Previous experience with enterprise IT environments
- Stakeholders management / Service Excellence
- Flexibility with regards to working hours (OnCalls & Overtimes)
N.B. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'