The University of Leeds are looking to expand their Technical team by recruiting a new AV Technician on a contract basis. This will be a full time position, working Mon-Fri ususally 9am-5pm/10am-6pm with overtime being required over busy periods. The is a Grade 5 (£22,214-£25,728 p.a) position.
Full job description below:
Central Teaching Space Technicians
Are you passionate about delivering excellent customer service? Are you looking for a challenging and varied role? Do you want to be part of a team that makes a difference?
We are looking for motivated individuals to join us as Central Teaching Space Technicians whose focus will be on delivering excellent customer service to all users of Central Teaching Space (CTS). Dealing with a range of customers, you will provide technical support to Central Teaching Spaces, dealing with user enquiries, technical issues and resolving problems in relation to AV/IT equipment as required.
With experience of working in a technical support role within the education, conference or hospitality industry, you will have excellent technical skills. You will be required to provide a flexible service, working as necessary to meet the needs of the business. This would normally equate to a 35 hour working week, worked 5 days over 7.
What does the role entail?
As a Central Teaching Space Technician, your main duties will include:
- Providing 2nd line technical support to the AV and IT equipment within Central Teaching Space, including preventative maintenance, repair of faults and installation of replacement equipment;
- Providing technical support and advice to specific users of Central Teaching Space including external conference customers and high-profile internal staff arranging University events;
- Support to the equipment hire and video-conferencing service to include regular checks and maintenance of the equipment, provision of written instructions and involvement with customer enquiries/training including demonstrating equipment usage;
- Assisting the Teaching Space Facilities Assistants with 1st line support by performing routine checks, servicing of equipment and dealing with calls from users experiencing difficulty with the equipment;
- Using the online timetable to move classes when faults cannot be resolved, providing basic written instructions on using the equipment, diagnosing and resolving basic faults and user error;
- Undertake projects to improve the service such as reviewing methods of record keeping, reviewing stocks of spare equipment and introduction of new technologies etc;
- Undertake routine health and safety checks including fire safety and take reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of yourself and other persons at all times;
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
What will you bring to the role?
As a Central Teaching Space Technician you will have:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills;
- Experience of working in a technical support role within education, conferencing or hospitality environment;
- Experience of installing IT hardware and software, diagnosing and resolving problems;
- An ability to maintain, service, fault diagnose, test and repair to at least a mid-level, AV and IT related equipment and ability to provide advice and guidance in high pressure situations;
- Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages;
- An ability to work independently and flexibly to meet the daily requirements and be able to prioritise tasks effectively;
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate with people at all levels;
- Ability to work co-operatively within a team, and on your own initiative, with a flexible approach and a willingness to provide help and assistance when required.
- A commitment to act in accordance with University and Facilities Support Services values;
- An awareness of new technological developments in the sector
To be considered for this role please apply below with an up-to-date CV.
Due to expected high advert response, only successful candidates will be contacted.
*Please note, Taskmaster is operating as a recruitment agency/business for this vacany.*
- AV Technician
- Customer service
- Technical support
- Technical experience