I am currently looking to recruit a research finance manager to work for one of the university faculties. They will consider someone who is qbe/aat or qualified.
You will be responsible for the post-award financial management of externally funded research and trading projects. The role will manage a team of four Grants & Projects Officers looking after a portfolio of around 470 active projects across 100 academics, generating income to the department in excess of £24 million per year.
Your prime responsibility is to ensure that financial and accounting arrangements for research grants and trading projects are securely managed. This will involve establishing and maintaining systems to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to PIs and other stakeholders, ensuring that issues are raised in a timely fashion, and that guidance and support is provided to PIs in the appropriate utilisation of external funds so that the Department receives optimal financial contribution. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring that claims are made to funders by specified deadlines and all financial and audit requirements are met, whether of the university or the funding body. The post holder will also work closely with the Finance Manager to provide accurate budgets and forecasts of research activity and overhead recovery.
This key senior role in the Finance Team will play a critical part in driving the performance of the team to provide a customer-focussed, efficient and effective service.
• Lead the Department's Grants & Projects team, promoting excellence and setting an example of professionalism. Focus should be placed on ensuring the team provides outstanding customer service and transfer of knowledge.
• Manage the day-to-activity of the Grants & Projects team, overseeing the post-award management for the department’s portfolio of research grants and trading contracts.
• Ensure grants are reconciled and closed appropriately and budgets are utilised as effectively as possible.
• Ensure that all financial reporting to funders is done accurately and on time. Oversee the preparation for claim/grant audits.
• Line manage the Grants & Projects Officers, allocating the research grant responsibility to ensure a fair workload balance across the team.
• Set team and individual objectives; plan and monitor work and review performance.
• Ensure that the department’s grant management processes are in line with University best-practice and meet funder requirements. Continuously assess practices and processes and update them when necessary.
Planning and Analysis
• Produce quarterly forecasts of all research activity and overheads to assist the Finance Manager in the planning cycle
• Assist the Finance Manager in the producing the annual departmental budget by providing estimates of the expected research activity in the coming year.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job