Are you an experienced Logistics or Unit Manager looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Unit Manager for our Shelford team in Canterbury, working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Unit Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, company car, mobile phone, pension scheme and plenty of opportunity for personal development; working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
The ideal Unit Manager:
- Qualified by Experience (to relevant level), COTC Qualification or equivalent, IOSH Managing Safely, IOSH Supervising Safely or equivalent Health and Safety qualification
- The management of an operational unit to a high level
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation that relates to the operation of landfill sites
- Relevant plant and machinery including operation and first line maintenance
- Knowledge of corporate financial systems and capital expenditure management
- Full driving license
Unit Manager Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the day to day running of an Operational Landfill site.
- Liaison with other departments such as Engineering, Restoration, Aftercare and Systems to ensure that site operations complement each other
- To prepare budgets as required for all landfill operations and ensure budgeted profits are maintained. ?
- Compile financial forecasts, monthly invoices, month end reports, data analysis and other supporting information to Landfill Energy Area Manager.
- Liaison with customers, Local and County Authorities, the Environment Agency and members of the public as necessary
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Unit Manager.
- Unit Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job