In joining Cygnet Health Care, you’ll become part of an inspirational team who are focused on delivering exceptional care in a modern environment alongside staff who care as much about patient outcomes as you.
We’ll support you in working the way you want to, creating opportunities that let you grow professionally and enhance your skills every day.
Create real positive change, in your career and through your care.
Cygnet Health Care is one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist mental health care. An inclusive and honest organisation, we put people at the heart of everything we do and support new team members from day one.
During this exciting time of growth, we’re recruiting for the post of a Unit Manager to make a unique contribution within our senior management team at Woking.
Cygnet Lodge caters for the needs of a wide range of male adult service users aged 18-65 years on their recovery journey, from those who require further stabilisation of their mental state and optimisation of medication, through to those who have achieved a level of stability and are ready to focus more on community-based recovery goals.
In this role you will:
• Ensure all nursing practices that take place in Cygnet Lodge are within the guidelines set by the NMC and other professional groups and are in accordance with Company policy.
• Where guidelines are not met, lead on investigating and responding in a timely manner and taking the appropriate action.
• To lead on role modelling the Cygnet Values and ensure staff who work in the hospital use them as the basis for their way of working.
• Provide clinical and professional advice and leadership in the unit.
• Work with the medical director to ensure the correct standards are met by the speciality and on call doctors.
• Monitor advocacy, pharmacy, pathology and occupational Health services and make the clinical manager and hospital manager aware of any problems.
• Review all medical and psychiatric emergencies and identify lessons learned through structured processes.
• Oversee recruitment, and selection, appraisal, performance management, grievance and discipline at the Lodge.
• Ensure legal and professional responsibilities are met to ensure all Mental Health Legislation is correctly implemented.
• Responsible for the high quality delivery of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of service users care from admission to discharge within the service.
• Responsible for overseeing individualised care packages are created and implemented for each service user to ensure the best possible outcome.
• Responsible for ensuring the correct reporting is done as per policy, such as CQC, MHAC, MOJ, RIDDOR and safeguarding.
• Attend and contribute to the bi-annual board meetings
• Ensure all paperwork generated by the clinical team is accurate such as timesheets for payroll.
• Ensure that the clinical and operational polices are implemented and maintained
• Monitor and manage any breaches in confidentiality for service users, staff and the organisation.
We're looking for people who have:
• Relevant experience in a managerial role
• Current experience as a Ward Manager with a valid pin
• Experience of implementing and monitoring standards of care
• Experience of providing clinical and managerial supervision, offering support in making clear and consistent clinical decisions along with the ability to lead and motivate a Nursing team effectively
• Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Responsible and service orientated.
• Commitment to staff development.
In return we’ll offer you:
• Flexible working options
• Enhanced Maternity benefits
• Annual holiday entitlement
• Birthday and anniversary leave
• A package of support for staff health and wellbeing
• A generous company Pension Scheme
• Group Life Assurance Scheme
• An All-Employee Bonus Scheme
• Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Savings Centre
• Childcare Vouchers
• Recruitment Reward Scheme
• Subsidised Meals