Unit Manager - Norwich
An exciting opportunity is available for a non-clinical manager to manage our new PET/CT unit in Norwich.
The candidate will lead, manage, develop and grow the designated static unit such that they meet and exceed internal targets, external standards and revenue/margin goals through effective management of the immediate unit team and wider company resources. This must be done in accordance with local, regional, UK & company strategies & governance protocols alongside current regulatory standards. It will require effective clinical overview, patient, people, financial, customer, change and commercial management skills. Experience in business and managing within the healthcare sector is desirable, but not essential.
• To recruit, select, manage, engage, coach and develop the team in line with company procedures such that the unit(s) achieve their agreed goals.
• To maintain effective resourcing of the unit(s) through staff planning, rostering, training, management of absence/holidays and implementation of appropriate controls.
• To create, maintain and continually improve standards of both staff and patient health and safety in line with company and external standards.
• To lead/contribute to the process of budget development and agreement such that realistic stretch goals are achieved for revenue, costs and margin within the designated unit(s).
• To report monthly on the business throughput providing explanatory narrative and action plans where results are not in line with expectations.
• To understand and report the key trends, forthcoming customer decisions and influences on the unit(s) monthly results such that robust, early action can be taken to control costs or improve revenues.
• To lead and manage the team in building contacts and relationships with existing and potential new referrers covered by existing contractual arrangements.
• To monitor trends in referrals continuously in order to identify opportunities to increase business and to pick up indicators of potential dissatisfaction.
• Pursue all opportunities to increase appropriate referrals and address promptly any issues which might deter referrals.
• To support the Business Development Manager in introducing new contracts and bringing on stream new referrals sources.
• To maintain up to date, and in depth , knowledge of the contracts impacting on the imaging services within the units under operational control - their terms and conditions, expiry dates and the pattern of performance against agreed standards.
• To ensure that the unit(s) delivers a high standard of patient care through up to date understanding and application of all relevant documentation and performance standards such as HPC,CQC,H&S, IG and CG, Infection Control etc.
• To ensure that your own, and staff, awareness, training, learning and development, continuing professional development is kept up to date with the latest regulations.
• To be the registered authority for the CQC for the designated unit(s), act on statutory notifications including those for employment status.
The ideal candidate will have previous management experience, preferably in healthcare environment.
The hours of work are 40 per week Monday - Sunday.
We will be conducting a rolling programme of short-listing and interviewing and reserve the right to close this vacancy early, therefore, we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the opportunity. The latest that this vacancy will be open until is 21/05/2018
Alliance Medical operates a robust pre-employment screening process for all roles which includes the following checks:
Identity, Right to work in the UK, Professional registration and qualifications, Employment history and references (for the previous 5 years), Criminal record and barring (Standard or Enhanced DBS check) and Occupational health assessments. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of these checks.
Alliance Medical is committed to ensuring that recruitment and selection practices are conducted in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity.
At Alliance Medical, our core values of Collaboration, Excellence, Efficiency and Learning underpin all that we do. If you become a member of our team, you will join us in living these values every day, to ensure the best care for our patients.
- Imaging Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job