To ensure the efficient and effective processing of technical information for the UK Branch, including any other branches or entities for which the UK Branch is responsible and handling of multinational business. This includes acting within agreed operational and underwriting authorities, meeting agreed service and data quality standards, both internal and external.
Key Result Areas
Ensure that all UK Servicing Office Policies and other documents are issued promptly, accurately and in line with underwriting appetite and multinational guidelines.
- Ensure data supplied is complete and accurate, by liaison with producing offices; fronting partners; underwriters; brokers; co-insurers; etc as required.
- Liaise with the producing office(s), fronting partners and underwriters to ensure local policy requirements can be met and answer underwriting queries.
- Promptly identify any issues and raise with Operations Team Leader or Senior Underwriting Technician in order to resolve.
- Ensure documents issued comply with all relevant overseas & UK regulatory requirements.
Ensure that all underwriting data is recorded promptly and accurately within the requisite systems; including, but not exclusively Geras, Pool Re, One Flow, Global Network Portal, IP Web, Elto, ARGOS, E-Accounting.
- Ensure data to be entered is complete and accurate, by liaison with producing offices; brokers; co-insurers; underwriters, or Senior Underwriting Technician, other offices etc as required.
- Issue the Request of Coverage (RoC) forms and ensure that all fields are accurately completed. Any missing, incomplete or unclear items to be queried with the underwriter or Senior Underwriting Technician before processing the form.
- Reviewing data quality as required and ensuring any errors or omissions are corrected promptly, liaising with Operations Team Leader, Senior Underwriting Technician, producing offices, credit control & other teams as appropriate.
- Maintaining accurate electronic records for auditing and regulatory purposes.
- Data entry includes, but is not exclusively: policy creation; new business premiums; renewal premiums; endorsements; terrorism; co-insurances; reinsurances, taxes, other deductions, lead office expenses, risk management fees etc.
- Support Senior Underwriting Technician with the International Programmes in liaising with all servicing offices of the Global Network and / or the regional hubs to:
- Validate that instructions are complete and clear, all required actions from servicing office are completed timely and address discrepancies in the information provided by local parties.
- Administration of Bordereau’s received from MGA’s and TPA’s including verification, processing routines and any associated actions.
- Answering queries received via e-accounting system or from credit control, liaising with Assistant Underwriting Technicians and relevant Underwriting Team(s) and processing correcting entries as appropriate.
- To evaluate risk and determine appropriate insurance premiums for Employees Liability, Terrorism and use calculation tools, actuarial information, other statistics and own judgement, within own authority level, to make necessary referrals in accordance with company policy.
- Regularly produce reports from Global Network Portal and Business Objects in order to identified pending queries, missing information and provide claims information to external clients.
- Regularly review and document procedures, ensuring they are up to date and fit for purpose, identifying any process improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for checking and authorising the data processed by Assistant Underwriting Technician.
- On the job training and development of the Assistant Underwriting Technician.
Skills & Experience Required
- It is a pre-requisite that ACII studying is undertaken for this role, minimum to Certificate level.
- Experience in multiple lines of business.
- A Level or equivalent qualifications; CII qualified at certificate level/ part qualified at Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Good systems knowledge, particularly experience of using various company bespoke systems to capture and monitor data.
- Good understanding of insurance cover and the terminologies used, across all lines of business.
- Good understanding about underwriting policy construction, able to read underwriting files and understand what data needs to be recorded.
- Able to organise own workload effectively to meet service standards.
- Deadline focused; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Competent user of Excel & Word.
- Understand financial impact of technical data processed.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly numerate.
- Open to change.
- Technical Data
- Technical Support
- Data Quality
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'