Due to company growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen with an award winning financial services company to work as an Underwriting Team Leader within Operations, focusing on the Mortgage side of the business.
This position is based in Fleet working Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. You will receive a salary of up to £36K, plus 25 days holiday, non-contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance and income protection and a discretionary company bonus.
The Underwriting Team Leader will report to the Operations Manager and will oversee up to 7 underwriters under their direct report. You will also work alongside 2 other team leaders who oversee a similar number of underwriters.
You will be required to ensure staff are trained and competent to deliver professional, efficient and high standards of customer service to customers, intermediaries, valuers and solicitors. Additionally, you are required to ensure that targets and objectives are met whilst adhering to all company policies and procedures and assisting the Operations Manager with team training.
The role will involve:
- Manage a team of 5 – 10 who have varying levels of experience and expertise
- Work closely with all peer groups within the Company to maintain good relationships
- Responsible for standard of service and response times provided by own team
- Recruitment, training and development of own team
- Maintain own caseload alongside managing a team with a mandate of £500,000
- Oversee additional hours worked by the teams outside of normal office hours
- Work to agreed objectives, service standards, and deliverables
- Ensure relevant documentation and information adheres to policy and criteria
- Ensure both self and team adhere to internal/external compliance, credit review and audit requirements
- Ensure adherence to Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF)
- Oversee and act as a referral point for own team on more complex cases
- Plan, organise and control workload to ensure achievement of service standards
- Coach and support team members and colleagues to help build a high quality team
- Monitor and manage team performance and discuss underlying trends with Pre Offer Management team
- Lead, coach and develop team to manage performance by conducting and document monthly performance reviews
- Monitor individuals performance, ensuring quality audits are carried out and provide feedback, taking appropriate action
- Actively develop staff and ensure the required training and development is identified and prioritised to meet business needs
- Evaluate and challenge performance and processes against industry best practice
To be successful for the Underwriting Team Leader position you will be CeMAP qualified and possess proven technical knowledge gained from working for a mortgage originator. You will have experience being a team leader or similar looking for a bigger challenge. Successful candidates will be able to communicate effectively at all levels, be highly organised with excellent planning skills and proven experience of mentoring new team members while committing to continuous professional development.