We’ve got the perfect role for an enthusiastic, motivating and organised individual to become Underwriting Team Leader at this global financial services company based in Chatham. This is a key role in the business, with hard work rewarded and support given throughout your career. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm. There are fantastic benefits to be had including contributory pension, healthcare, a cycle to work scheme and more!
For the role, responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage the service delivery of the Underwriting team
- Provide a very high level of service to all customers
- Be first point of contact for all queries and complaints where necessary
- Hold an underwriting mandate, ensuring both your own underwriting and that of your team is of the highest standard
- Manage work flows through the department
- Review and optimise working procedures for your team and department
- Represent your team members, taking time to understand their training needs
- Maintain company compliance procedures
- Line manage all aspects of your team from performance management, development and appraisals to employee administration
To be successful in this role, you’ll have two years of management experience and at least three years experience working in a lending environment. Holding an underwriting mandate is essential as is two years experience working within the financial services industry. You must have working knowledge of the Data Protection Act, Anti-Money Laundering, MCOBS and MMR. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point & Excel is essential.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, apply now!
Please note the successful candidate will be expected to pass a clear credit check and be subject to a DBS check.