Underwriting Team Administration Assistant
Up to £18k
Our client, a leader in the savings and mortgage industry have an opportunity for an Underwriting Team Administration Assistant to provide a high level of support to Underwriters, Lending Assessors & Intermediaries.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that the daily activities in the Underwriting team are processed and administered correctly and in line with agreed SLAs.
- Provide a consistently high quality of customer service to both external and internal customers.
- To aid in the administration of a busy underwriting department and assist the underwriters and Lending Assessors in providing excellent service to mortgage intermediaries.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing phone calls.
- Typing, collating and posting mortgage offers to Customers and Solicitors.
- Undertaking data entry and allocation of post to underwriters and Lending Assessors.
- Performing practical administrative tasks such as filing, scanning, and checking documents.
- Taking of Valuation fees and keying valuation instructions.
- Provide Clerical support including sending correspondence, storing documents and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Participate in department and business meetings as requested.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as outlined by Underwriting management.
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules.
The successful candidate will have previous administration experience, ideally within the banking industry. If you have mortgage experience that would be highly advantageous.