The salary is up to £32,000 plus annual bonus and excellent benefits.
The key task of the Underwriting Relationship Manager is to provide an on-site support to our brokers, assessing the risk and accurately underwriting secured loan applications against Group lending criteria.
• Proactively manage the relationships with introducing brokers providing support and responding to their queries in a positive and professional manner.
• Provide feedback on the packaging quality of the broker's case to raise the knowledge of the broker, whilst managing the broker relationship to increase future business submissions.
• Assess the risk on all applications ensuring that the loan is affordable, plausible and sustainable.
• Minimise the risk to the business and the applicant with a strong focus on fraud avoidance.
• Ensure there is a consistency in decisions and service levels across the underwriting teams.
• Improve broker knowledge and packaging quality through effective use of Management Information, identifying trends and taking corrective steps to enable proactive feedback and training support to be provided.
• Manage a pipeline of cases through an effective programme of telephone and email chasing.
• Ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to in all contact with customers, brokers and third parties.
Skills & Experience:
• GCSE (minimum Maths and English A-C)
• A minimum of 2 years' residential underwriting experience within the secured lending or residential mortgage market.
• Experience of managing broker relationships
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to remain clam under pressure and work to strict deadlines
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Objection handling and problem solving skills
• Proficiency in using MS Word and Excel
• Ability to analyse data and identify trends
• Experience in designing and delivering training sessions would be advantageous
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.