Barker Munro Recruitment are delighted to be working with this successful personal lines insurance company who are currently looking to fill the role of Underwriting Manager within their office in Surrey.
As the Underwriting Manager you will be required to develop and manage the household underwriting strategy.
The key responsibilities of the Underwriting Manager are as follows:
- Develop the home pricing, product and underwriting philosophy and strategy, by identifying and anticipating potential business opportunities and threats to the loss ratio and profit contribution
- Develop and improve underwriting tools to detect and remove unwanted, suspicious and potentially fraudulent business at the front door. Develop the use of external data to assist in improving detection levels.
- Make recommendations to the Head of Home and the Head of Personal Lines to change the product, pricing, risk profile, underwriting footprint, acceptance criteria, aggregator filters, underwriting rules and Insurance Risk Policy, working with Corporate Analysis, Claims, Retail, Marketing, Financial Crime, Risk etc.
- Manage Underwriting, product and pricing related projects through to conclusion, working with other department as required. Participate in negotiations with potential suppliers and work closely with IT to develop business requirements.
- Monitor external market conditions and competitor pricing and underwriting strategies
- Support the management of the company’s home reinsurance programme, preparing data and presentations for reinsurance broker and reinsurers, monitoring large loss performance and managing treaty renewal negotiations.
- Utilise extensive industry knowledge to become a recognised company expert in UK home insurance market, answering queries from all areas of the company, including Executive members, and provide the information that they require
- Manage the Underwriters, including setting objectives and workload, assessing performance and developing capability.
To be successful in the role of Underwriting Manager you will need the following:
- Considerable knowledge of technical underwriting in UK home insurance
- Extensive experience in a UK home insurer
- Knowledge and understanding of the output from sophisticated risk pricing and modelling techniques and software
- Knowledge of the direct telephone, online and aggregator distribution channels and their separate customer risk profiles
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legal framework within which the private home market operates
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, at all levels up to Executive
- Professional qualifications an advantage.
- Proven leadership experience
If you would like to apply for the role of Underwriting Manager, please send your CV to Barker Munro Recruitment using the relevant links.
- Underwriting Manager
- Household Insurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job