RQ2294 COMMERCIAL PROPERTY UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT
Reports To: Senior Underwriter
Business Unit: Property Department
The Underwriting Assistant is an active and proactive member of the underwriting team, ensuring that the day to day underwriting activities, including data management, are managed smoothly and within the required regulatory time frames and parameters.
As well as contributing to the effective delivery of the Class and the strategy for the respective strategic business unit (SBU).
This role is primarily focused on providing underwriting support to the senior underwriters’. The successful individual will also have a level of authority to make sound underwriting decisions and contribute to the thinking, and output, to the operational delivery of the strategy where appropriate. This Underwriting team has an ambitious growth plan over the next 5 years, and there is room for progression within the role, respective team and wider organisation in the future.
- Assist underwriters at the box, including scanning documents to the system.
WASP/ SUBSCRIBE 2000
- Set up references for new & renewal accounts.
- Make sure all risks are actioned accordingly in S2000 (Live/ NTU/ Declinature)
- Accuracy checking & write up notes before UW sign-off.
- Monitor WASP workbaskets.
- Save any relevant documents to the system (Wording/ FAC RI)
- Manage the Commercial Property inbox.
- Create partial lists as the month end approaches
- Assist Data Quality with any slip/ endorsement/ contract certainty queries.
- Assist late payment reports/ EPI queries (Credit Controllers) & data fitness reports (Compliance).
- Scan underwriting presentations to the F:Drive.
- Save submissions into the F:Drive.
- Rate each account in WebCalc & send off for modelling, if required, before setting up the account structure in PPM.
- Liaise with the modelling team regarding pricing.
- Check & sign-off the quarterly RDS in EASA.
- Ensure the effective development of client/ broker relationships - beginning to demonstrate a good understanding of the clients and the market in which they operate and how we can best meet their needs, or drive their risk needs.
- Manage all queries in a professional and efficient manner
- Actively seek out new opportunities to develop new and existing client relationships that will meet the strategic drivers of MS Amlin.
- Attend client meetings as appropriate.
- Build effective relationships with own peer group within the market to ensure continued growth and links with brokerages at all levels.
- Represent MS Amlin at corporate / networking events, ensuring that the MS Amlin values and behaviours are upheld at all times
- Remain alert to developments affecting the business of the class. Report on such matters, as appropriate, to the Senior Underwriters or Underwriting Management
- Participate in the monitoring of premium payments and liaise with Brokers and CRT where necessary
- Participate in the monitoring of underwriting against the Business Plan drawing attention to exceptions where identified.
- Assistance with exposure management and aggregate capture work as well as RMS tracking
- Assistance with resolving standard risk review queries
- Responsibility for ensuring the risk management practices in respect of cover-holder controls are in line with both internal and external regulatory standards.
Key Result Areas
- Profitably quote, underwrite and service allocated accounts and operate within agreed authority parameters.
- Work closely with Claims in reviewing and recommend action on contentious claims and to monitor claims movements on accounts.
- In connection with Claims, demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how to improve wordings on policies for the future.
- Ensure all risk documents are scanned onto the underwriting workflow system and indexed accurately and in a timely manner
- Enter all risk details on to the underwriting system, ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Conduct accuracy checks on the work of the other underwriters
- Manage individual and group work baskets ensuring that all items are processed efficiently and in good time.
- Contribute to the strategy development as appropriate
- Good knowledge and experience relevant underwriting expertise within the specific Location/ Market
- Proven ability of being efficient and delivering to required time-frames and parameters
- Able to demonstrate understanding of client intimacy and what it means with value propositions
- Ability to work and effectively manage matrix relationships
- Ability to effectively influence and negotiate skills
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to see the bigger picture and translate into day to day activities
- Keen learner - working towards completion of CII accreditation
- Demonstrate understanding of the political risks environment across the globe and how this impacts on insurance provision.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to think creatively.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'