- Client Audits - Chasing brokers for premiums and renewals.
- Key Relationships - General liaison with clients and other Divisions of the organisation.
- Capacity - Establish and maintain knowledge of internal controls and all procedures relating to underwriting.
- Evaluation and Control - Processing and checking of data entry onto relevant systems.
- Query Management - To monitor and control queries, seeking advice where required.
- Business Development - Pre-underwriting calculations and work as directed by the Underwriter.
- Peer review - To attend peer review meetings and participate in discussions on risks written within the division.
- Rotation - opportunities to work with different underwriting teams depending on team requirements.
- Maintain and monitor the flow of work between underwriting teams and the service provider to ensure items are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify issues and implement appropriate remedial action including training of new and existing staff.
- Identify and implement opportunities for streamlining underwriting activity, including increased use of the service provider.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and User Guides accurately reflect current procedures.
- Help to facilitate and monitor any new activities that are transitioned out to the service provider.
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of any data quality issues that are raised.
- Assist with the testing and roll out of new IT initiatives.
- Producing and collate data for business planning and reinsurance programme purposes.
- Understand and ensure that the strategy is fully supported
- To assist the team in the preparation of statistics, analyses of business trends and new business proposals, for use within team and for reporting purposes to senior management: e.g. Income analysis, Loss Ratio reports etc.
- Regulatory Issues - To be aware of the regulatory impact and ensure underwriting activity is always within the guidelines.
- To maintain all underwriting records and ensure quality of entries into Eclipse and other systems as appropriate.
Job Requirements and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, having obtained a good overall grade in a relevant subject
- Progression towards the ACII professional qualification
- Sound knowledge of general, commercial insurance practices
- Commercial awareness, with a knowledge of the insurance market and external changes which would impact on our business
- Excellent numeric, analytical and written skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'