Underwriting Assistant - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract -Commercial Vehicle
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
We are looking for an Underwriting Assistant to join our team, this is your chance to create your career in an exciting environment where anything is possible. Are you ready to grow your career with us? As an Underwriting Assistant for QBE you will underwrite new and existing e-traded package business in accordance with QBE business plans and objectives
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Be aware of the annual business plan for the portfolio and its context to be able to make decisions appropriately.
- Negotiate rates, terms and conditions for new and existing business
- Contribute as required to the planning process through research and project work
- Comply with and legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
- Adhere to underwriting standards, authority and good practice to minimise risk and maximise efficiency
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders including customers, brokers and colleagues
- Support the underwriters and team leader as required
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and guidelines
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Experience in or knowledge of insurance desirable
- Acturis or e-trade experience desirable
- Flexible approach and ability to recognise and adapt to changing business requirements
- Educated to GCSE/Standard Grade level or equivalent
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisation skills with ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Desire to gain knowledge and skills
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'