We are recruiting for an Underwriting Assistant on behalf of our favourite Lloyd’s Market client, an established, extremely highly regarded, medium sized Lloyd’s Syndicate.
Besides a competitive basic salary, the successful candidates will benefit from free City gym membership and a free staff canteen, serving breakfast, hot and cold lunch choices, snacks / coffees, etc.
Reporting to the Operations Team Leader, the Underwriting Assistant shall be responsible for (but not limited to) analysing and processing all aspects of underwriting / reinsurance contracts and claims information in the risk and accounting systems, for all books of business written on the London platform.
Working closely with the Underwriting, Finance and Operations team:
- Manage all incoming submissions according to specific procedures for new and / or renewals policies, ensuring information is available to Underwriters in a timely manner and accurately reflects the terms of the deals.
- Provide UW support at the Lloyd's box.
- Process initial premium, premium bordereaux, premium adjustments and future endorsements, updating account information in both the risk and operations systems.
- Export contract details from REMS:SICS using the REMS:SICS export tool and ensure that reference data in SICS is correct and reflects the final contractual terms.
- Review, analyse and process e messages in the SICS system.
- Review, analyse and process EPI adjustments against targeted incomes on the Proportional book.
- Liaise with Brokers, Underwriters, and Analysts to ensure that technical account information is current, accurate and complete.
- Maintain electronic document files for all contracts.
- Participating in any special projects or adhoc tasks that may be required by either Internal or external parties.
- Complete pre bind quality assurance (PBQA) and other contract wording reviews.
- Ensure all functions are carried out with a high degree of quality, in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, SICS).
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to handle a variety of duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyse and process complex accounts and transactions.
- Strong communication skills.
- 3-5 years Lloyd's / London Market Knowledge Essential, and experience within a similar role is preferable. Ideally candidates will have experience of premium bordereaux processing and understand an Insurance contract.
Keywords: Underwriting Assistant; Lloyd's Market; Lloyd's Syndicate; London Market; Bordereaux Processing
Please note that due to a high volume of applications we receive daily, we are only able to contact applicants which have passed the initial CV screening stage. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy on our official website for more information - www.edenjames.co.uk
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'