About the Role
As we continue to develop our award winning mortgage proposition helping people own their own home we are recruiting for several positions into the role of Mortgage Underwriter.
The successful candidates will be involved in a variety of tasks and have key responsibilities that include:
- Taking end to end ownership for new mortgage applications from receipt to offer across our diverse product range. You will manage these in accordance with our lending policy and your individual lending mandate level.
- Interacting with customers and intermediaries by telephone, e-mail and letter in order to gather the information required to assess and underwrite applications within our KPI timescales.
- Displaying common sense thinking where the mortgage application requires a more bespoke and considered approach to achieve the right outcome for customers and ourselves.
- Training to eventually hold a lending mandate of up to £500,000 and 95% LTV. This will include an ability to agree loans outside of standard lending criteria.
Here at the Society we work a 35hr week to help provide our colleague with a good work life balance.
Mortgage Service Centre operate Monday to Friday, with no weekends!
This role will be based in our office at Cobalt Business Park, however as we are currently working from home we have refreshed our approach to recruitment and have outlined a new process of remote selection and on boarding. Upon starting a new role with us, we will ensure you are equipped with the correct tools and technologies to enable you to do your best work remotely. Once we are back in the office we will be operating a hybrid approach, with a mixture of office-based and home working, therefore a commutable distance will need to be considered.
We are looking for people to join our Mortgage Service Centre Lending Team who are enthusiastic, team players and driven to provide an exceptional level of customer service. We are looking forward to speaking to candidates who have experience in the following areas:
- Experience of underwriting loans within the residential mortgage market managing their own application case load
- Ability to confidently discuss mortgage applications with customers and brokers as they progress from receipt to offer
- Strong sense of personal achievement in helping our customers own their home and ability to display creative thinking to achieve the right outcome
- Resilience and able to adapt/handle changing priorities and can support others where required
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail to ensure we lend responsibly and within risk appetite
- A strong customer focus that thrives on making improvements to the service we provide
This role offers long term career opportunities and the chance to join an award winning team now recognised for delivering an outstanding level of customer service.
Mortgage Operations is responsible for managing our residential mortgage assets from initial enquiry through to redemption or where customers find themselves in financial difficulty. We are committed to delivering excellent service to all of our customers wherever they are in the mortgage life cycle.
Our dedication to service excellence for customers and intermediaries has grown into a multi award winning proposition. In 2020 we won Best Regional Building Society at the What Mortgage Awards for the 4th consecutive year running and our Net Promotor Score (NPS) from intermediaries and customers is also regularly over 75.
Our Mortgage Service Centre Lending Team is responsible for underwriting the Society's prime residential mortgage applications including buy to let that are sourced by the Society's Mortgage Advisers and Mortgage Brokers, seeing the application through to completion.
As well as receiving a competitive annual salary our colleague benefits package also includes;
- A minimum of 25 days holiday per annum which rises with length of service up to 30 days per annum + bank holidays
- Corporate pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Corporate bonus scheme
- Buying holidays policy
- Staff offers and access to staff association offering discounts for local trips, events & services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mortgage Lending
- Mortgage Underwriting
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'