Our client are looking to hire an Underwriter to join their growing team based on the outskirts of Colchester, easily commutable from local towns.
Your new employer…
A leading insurance agent in Colchester are looking for an Underwriter to join their team. The purpose of this role is evaluation of pricing proposals and making pricing recommendations to the Head of Underwriting for sign-off. You will get involved in the preparation of contract reviews and supporting in the relationship with underwriters for the provision of pricing and all general underwriting matters. This will include service and delivery in relation to Group generated business across the three companies in the group. Ability to travel between these locations will be required every now and then.
The company has strong company culture, has multiple charity events including charity bake offs every few months and is a brilliant place to work with a great benefits package.
- Review Underwriting Pricing Proposals and TCF’s and making a recommendation for terms to Head of Underwriting
- Liaising with other teams with recommended terms / request for further information to consider proposal
- Providing guidance to colleagues in preparing Underwriting Papers and assisting in the calculation of premium terms where pricing models not available
- Referral of Underwriting Papers to Underwriters where they fall outside the terms of the binder
- Where underwriting referral necessary, ensuring Quotes System is updated as status of quote develops / is signed off by Underwriters
- Liaising with Underwriters in the provision of information to assist them in agreeing quotation proposals
- Submission of referrals to Underwriters where they fall outside the terms of the binder and ensuring Underwriter Referral Log is updated.
- Engagement in negotiations with Underwriters to agree and vary terms of binding authorities
- Submission of profit share requests and calculations to Underwriters as requested/prepared by colleagues
- Attendance of Fortnightly Conference calls with Underwriters and updating Underwriting Referral Log with key updates
- Production of regular and ad-hoc contract reviews across all business lines
- Recommendation of terms to identify which contracts require repricing due to performance issues
- Updating company system with required renewal actions for colleagues
- Previous Underwriting Experience
- Excellent excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent organisational and time keeping skills
- Ability to use excel to an advanced level including pivot tables and v look ups
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'