Our Client, a market leading Employer, has a new opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive individual looking to develop and progress their underwriting career.
What will I be doing?
As an Underwriter you will be responsible for the evaluation of pricing proposals and making pricing recommendations. You will assist in the preparation of contract reviews and support in the relationship with Underwriters for the provision of pricing and all general underwriting matters.
As an Underwriter your day to day tasks will include:
- Review underwriting pricing proposals and make a recommendation for terms
- Provide guidance and assistance with the preparation of underwriting papers and assisting in the calculation of premium terms
- Assist in proactively identifying any scope for improvements in current pricing process and implementing changes
- Support the Head of Underwriting in day to day relationships
- Engagement in negotiations with Underwriters to agree and vary terms of binding authorities
- Attend conference calls, video conferences and review meeting with Underwriters
- Action requests for Management Information from Underwriters
- Attend Wording Committee meetings to determine underwriting impact/exposure on policy wording changes
- Assist in contract reviews across all business lines
- Recommend terms to identify which contracts require re-pricing due to performance issues
- Update systems with required renewal actions
Who are we looking for?
To be a successful Underwriter for our Client, you must have at least 1 year's previous underwriting experience from any Insurance class.
You will also have strong excel and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and be able to communicate both verbally and written.
It is important for you to be able to work on tasks without supervision and therefore be a confident decision-maker.
- 25 days annual leave allowance
- Employee Wellbeing scheme including Fitbit
- Plenty of free parking
- Free fruit and refreshments including Nespresso coffee machines
- Travel insurance
You must be able to drive to reach the office location.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'