We have three exciting opportunities available for an enthusiastic and committed individual to develop their Underwriting career in the MIDAS team in Chelmsford. You will be responsible for providing first class technical support on new business, renewals and mid-term adjustments to our clients and there will be great opportunities to develop strong working relationships.
You get more from working at Geo than just a salary you will get career development, job satisfaction and the opportunity and support to work towards your CII qualification along with access to our standard benefits offering, restaurant high street and gym discounts and an opportunity to give back to the community in which you live and work.
Is it for you?
You may be currently working within a brokerage or hold an administrative or sales role within the insurance industry either way we would love to hear from you. The most important thing is that you have strong communication skills with the ability to build meaningful relationships. You will also have a good eye for detail and will be analytical minded.
To achieve income and profit objectives by working as an underwriting team that delivers an efficient service to brokers, supporting the wider business in conjunction with the company strategy, financial plan and personal objectives.
- To access insurance risk, identifying and writing profitable business in line with supporting the achievement of the overall business objectives
- Deal with new business, renewal and mid term adjustment enquiries by producing terms and converting/retaining acceptable business. This should always be geared to achieving the business annual Target Loss Ratios.
- Work collaboratively within the underwriting team and other parts of the organisation, when required.
- Comply with Binder, procedure and underwriting authority levels
- Contribute towards business New Written Premium (NWP) objectives
- Support the personal development of the underwriting staff by delivering technical guidance.
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up to date with technical, legal and market development via use of e-learning, internal training and reading market related material.
- To maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development as well as ongoing at desk training and ensuring that this is recorded in line with Training and Competency requirements.
- To conduct the business of the Company always in a courteous and efficient manner.
- The Job holder will, at various times, act for the insured and insurer. The jobholder will be responsible for adhering to all Group’s procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflict of interest and for the fair treatment of customers and will ensure they follow the system and control operating to ensure that this is the case.
- Responding to complaints in a timely and efficient manner
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company.
Experience Skills and Qualifications
Business Expertise/ technical knowledge:
- Background knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Numeracy & analysis skills.
- Knowledge of binder principles
- Understanding of underwriting authority compliancy
- Confident and effective negotiator with the ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good written & verbal communication
- Professional approach
- Team Player
- Capable of meeting deadlines and hit targets as required
- Organisation and optimisation of time
- Takes initiative
- Service focussed
- Build key relationships with internal & external customers
Education and Practical Skills
- Proficient in Windows based applications in particular Excel
- Professional Certification - Progress towards Cert CII or prepared to do so
- Insurance or brokering experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'