Underwriters - Permanent - City Centre - £21000 - £22000 plus bens
Great opportunity for someone who enjoys underwriting and has financial services experience. By joining this expanding business you will love working with a very lively team and be right in the centre of Nottingham. Brand new offices.
So if you are looking, do send your cv to me and I will Whatsapp or Facetime interview you and send the job specification and company information. My client needs more than one underwriter.
Reporting to - Underwriting Manager
Post Title: Loans Underwriter
PURPOSE OF JOB: Member of the underwriting team carrying out effective background checks of customers applying for loans with the company before approval and sending of funds. Liaison between team colleagues and Underwriting Manager.
Ideally you will have anti money laundering and fraud experience
2. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 Direct Underwriting • Perform effective background checks on customers including but not limited to personal details, employment information, credit history and bank details. • Taking telephone calls from a wide range of customers with involves dealing with sensitive, contentious and complex issues on a daily basis. • Taking payments over the telephone using the online payment system • Process amendments including changes to payment arrangements and customer circumstances, ensuring accurate notes are kept at all times. • Operate customer tracing procedures using in house and external systems.
2.2 General Housekeeping • Keep all customer records up dated on relevant systems. • Comply with all data protection procedures • Keep work area tidy and organised • Be aware of, and work towards meeting monthly target figures
3. CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS Underwriting Manager - Allocation of work. Performance reviews, appraisals, personal development and training needs. Debt Recovery Agents - To clarify information and give/receive advice on any disputes and complex accounts. Debtors/ Public - To receive detailed information from consumers in complex situations including evidence of income and expenditure Third Parties - Including employers, Citizens Advice Bureau, Debt Management Companies to give/ receive detailed information
4. DECISIONS Discretion - With advice from Underwriting Manager
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT Work Demands - Contribute to the effective underwriting of loans to strict deadlines on a daily basis. Meet performance targets. Physical Demands - None Working Conditions - Office based Work Context - Some risk over the phone when dealing with customers.
6. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS • Ability to build relationships with members of the team public to allow effective communication. • Contribute positively to building and maintaining morale and performance among the team. • Customer Care skills - ability to deal with difficult customers and complex issues. • Know and understand the Data Protection Act (GDPR) and Freedom of Information Act. • Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to deal with a wide range of customers. • Excellent negotiation skills. • Ability to work to strict deadlines and meet performance targets whilst maintaining accuracy. • Ability to work under pressure. • Competent in internal and external computer systems and numeracy skills. • Organisational skills and punctuality.
7. GENERAL a) Other Duties - The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the post holder may be required to undertake any other duties, which may be required from time to time. Any such duties should not however substantially change the general character of the post. b) Equal Opportunities - The post holder must carry out his / her duties with full regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities policy. c) Health and Safety - The post holder must carry out his / her duties with full regard to the Department’s Health and Safety Procedures.
Next to tram
9.00 - 5.30pm
Exciting place to work
- Anti Money Laundering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'