Job Title: Underwriter
Location: Ferndown, Dorset
Our client is a dynamic and expanding insurance business based in Ferndown who are currently recruiting for a competent Underwriter to join their team.
To provide underwriting and operational support to the Underwriting New Business team. To lead with underwriting, particularly on their SME package products to start with. To provide a professional and comprehensive underwriting and administration service within the business, with strong emphasis on customer service.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new / existing business within own authority and in line with strategy
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual own work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA's to deliver exceptional customer service
- Liaise with brokers on a daily basis, answering incoming telephone calls and chasing brokers for any additional data required
- Manage the workflow of electronic email referrals
- Process risks and endorsements through the company's systems as required
- Liaise with Survey team and follow up any survey requirements and recommendations
- Monitor renewals on a regular basis, tracking incomplete entries, premium income and outstanding submissions
- Support with Policy Issuance
- Interact with the underwriting support functions (e.g. Finance, Compliance, Broker Relations) to assist with business and policy management
- Provide support on initiatives/projects
- Prepare and provide statistics and information as needed to serve the requirements and Produce ad hoc reports for other members of staff when requested
- Establish and maintain knowledge of internal controls and all procedures relating to underwriting.
- Ensure you uphold the firms principle of Treating customers Fairly
- Undertake training relevant to the role
- 3 - 5 years' experience in property and liability underwriting
- CIP and or working towards ACII
- Good overall educational passes Desire to obtain the ACII professional qualification
- Ability to manage own time, meet deadlines and prioritise work
- Attention to detail, numerate and accurate
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Organised and methodical approach to work and problem solving
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Ability to apply critical thinking as part of the underwriting process
- Appropriate IT skills
- Outcome focused, self-motivated, enthusiastic
- Team worker with the ability to work on own initiative
- Professional approach to relationships
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job