Are you looking for the opportunity to further your career in insurance?
Do you want to work for an award-winning company that prides itself on its customer service excellence?
Our client, based in the City Centre is a leading financial services provider and is looking to expand their telephone-based underwriting team! As an Insurance Underwriter of motor and personal policies, you will be responsible for offering customers a trustworthy service and honest advice that exceeds their expectations. To do this, you will need to look beyond the obvious to find a solution that will work both for them and the business.
Daily duties to include;
- Receiving referrals via the telephone and workflow system
- Reviewing and checking new, mid-term and renewal policy quote submissions
- Analysing and assessing the risk and working out the best outcome, on a preferred one-call resolution basis
- Collecting background information and analysing statistical data for complex referrals
- Proposing and negotiating policy terms, including appropriate limitations and endorsements
- Preparing quotes, determining premiums, and amending policy wording
- Meeting standards of customer service excellence, as well as quality and productivity requirements
- Dealing with all referrals in a professional and efficient manner in line with required service levels and standards
- Adhering to external regulations and guidelines and internal policies and procedures
In addition to job satisfaction and variety, the Insurance Underwriter role offers a competitive salary and office working hours - no evening or weekend working required here! There is also the opportunity for ongoing career development through progression and gaining recognised insurance qualifications (they’ll even give you a bonus when you a pass them)! This is alongside a generous benefits packages, including, 25 days holiday, annual company performance-related bonus, contributory pension scheme, and discounts on their insurance products.
Due to the nature of the Insurance Underwriter role, previous experience of working in insurance would be beneficial. This does not necessarily need to be specifically within insurance underwriting and can be within insurance sales or customer service. However, candidates with a strong customer service background who are interested in a career in insurance will also be considered.
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear more details, then please contact me ASAP as my client is looking to move quickly on these roles.
- Contact Centre
- Customer Service
- General Insurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job