The prime function of the jobholder is to be a key member of the Underwriting Team dealing with renewals, referrals, monitor loss ratios across the binders and implement actions to improve COR where appropriate. Be a staff referral point for technical, underwriting and procedural matters.
Underwriting Governance. Ensure that DA protocols are implemented and adhered to in the business processes. To help create and monitor U/W Guides on each binder and to ensure they are being adhered to.
Review Claims MI to identify claim trends and agree methods to address these patterns.
Principle Objectives and Responsibilities including the following, other objectives may be assigned:
- Build strong relationships with other team members, Insurers and customers.
- Technical & Training Support - To assist in the design and delivery of local U/W training material.
- Performance & Binder Plans & Bridges - To monitor binder performance and ensure a robust binder plan is fit for purpose, agreed and implemented into the business.
- Monthly Reporting - To report against actions detailed in binder/bridge.
- Bordereaux - To assist in any bordereaux queries that may be required to comply with bordereaux SLA’s.
- Deliver accurate and timely work in line within agreed service standards
- Proactively propose ways of improving products and procedures
- Identify opportunities to obtain further business from customers.
- Manage and maintain controls in respect of sub del agreements including bordereaux exceptions. Undertake regular audits in accordance with control framework requirements
- Undertake Underwriting Technical Quality Assurance QA for staff in accordance with agreed numbers
- Ensure productivity and quality of work is in line with agreed business standards.
- Take ownership and responsibility for achievement of personal development goals.
- Adopt a welcoming approach to change and remain adaptable to new ideas and practices.
Support & Communication
- Operate at all times as a team player providing help and support to colleagues when needed to ensure delivery of team targets and objectives.
- Offer new ideas when appropriate and actively participate in team meetings.
Achievement of Results
- Monitoring of retention % and net growth figures for the business against budget.
- Challenge current thinking, methods and covers to identify new and innovative ways to improve the business.
- Work with line manager to ensure all products wording, schedules and associated supporting documents are complete and compliant.
- Contribute to product launches to ensure they are comprehensive, documented and include all relevant parties and that teams are fully briefed and clearly understand the product range.
- Ensure that suggestions from staff receive appropriate consideration.
- A sound knowledge of Commercial Insurance.
- Uses a wide range of influencing/negotiating styles, strategies and tactics to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Ability to think laterally to identify new or untried solutions leading to business benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job