Our client a buy to let specialist lender based in Fleet, Hampshire are looking for a Mortgage Underwriter.
You will provide a professional, efficient, and high standard of customer service to customers, intermediaries, valuers and solicitors. You will accurately analyse and understand key elements of all mortgage applications at every level of the process through to offer.
The successful candidate will have an analytical mind with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Work to agreed objectives, service standards and deliverables
- Ensure relevant documentation and information received is checked for adherence to policy and criteria
- Deal with queries and enquiries effectively, accurately, and professionally, delivering excellent customer service
- Provide a prompt reply to all written correspondence.
- Make suggestions for improvements to processes to enhance service and efficiency
- Adhere to internal/external compliance, credit review and audit requirements
- Apply all aspects of the desired consumer outcomes of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF)
- Use initiative to resolve queries outside own area of expertise
- Train and mentor new team members
The successful candidate will have
- Effective analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- The ability to absorb technical information
- Confident decision-making skills
- Strong numeracy and statistical skills
- Problem solving skills and a logical approach to work
- Self motivated
- Sound judgement
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Team working skills but also a willingness to work using your own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience of working within the mortgage industry with a strong underwriting or completions background.
- Proven ability to exercise good commercial and professional judgement.
If you would like to be considered for the exciting opportunity, with a Company that is going from strength to strength, then please apply today!
- Financial Services
- Mortgage Advisor