Underwriter - SME
We are looking for Underwriter - SME for one of our Clients to join their growing team in Central London.
Our client is an International Public Sector banking and financial services company.
Processing and underwriting of SME credit proposals.
- To provide support to the Head Retail Credit in all operational areas of the Retail Credit Department.
- Manage the assessment and processing of lending proposals from the Retail network of SME and commercial retail credit, and the presentation of proposals to Risk Committees.
- Operational responsibility for the annual review process for all existing credit portfolio loans to ensure that all borrowing requirements and covenants are being adhered to.
- Manage the review,assessment,investigation and minimizing of credit risks associated with loan applications in accordance with the Banks operating policies and procedures.
- Provide a clear rationale for agreeing or rejecting applications,prior to submitting to the Head Retail Credit.
- Monitoring of existing loan portfolio, identifying early arrears or potential problem accounts and making necessary recommendations.
- Ensure the credit decisions are made within regulatory standards and adhere to TCF principles and Customer First standards.
- Design and deliver credit training to branches to ensure full understanding of policies and practices.
- Deputies for the Head Retail Credit as required.
- Liaising with Solicitors/Valuation Firms for end to end solution for credit proposals.
- Presentation to Risk Committee and other UK management committees for introduction of any new / existing product.
- Minimum four years experience in underwriting or assessing credit proposals in SME.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of UK regulatory framework, principles and rules
- Knowledge of UK lending environment
If you feel you are suitable for the role, 'Apply' immediately.
- Loan Origination
- SME Banking
- credit proposals
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"