QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market, Regional and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
We are looking for an Underwriter to join our busy Glasgow trading hub, this is your chance to create your career in an exciting environment where anything is possible. Are you ready to grow your career with us? As a Property & Packages Underwriter you will underwrite business in accordance with the business plan and within delegated underwriting authority
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Analysing the annual business plans in order to make strategic decisions for the portfolio
- Conducting research and project work to support the planning process - identifying opportunities for growth
- Cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with agents and brokers
- Aligning with all regulatory requirements to ensure legal obligations are met
- Minimising risk and maximising efficiency by adhering to underwriting standards, instructions and good practice properly recording and measuring insurance risks
- Working with vendors, brokers, and customers to negotiate rates, terms and conditions for existing and new business
- Producing and issuing contract certainty documentation
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and guidelines
- Reviewing and analysing the portfolio to identify progress toward business objectives
- Contributing to the aggregate management and peer review processes to encourage and develop excellence
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of the commercial insurance market across property, commercial combined liability insurance.
- Intermediate level understanding of relevant software, including Excel and other departmental software packages
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements (specific reference to FCA / Lloyds regulation)
- Experienced in the use of risk profiling and pricing tools and loss models
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with agents and brokers
- Strong level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to analyse data and use for decision-making
- Strong attention to detail
- ACII qualified or working towards ACII preferred
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. "We’re happy to talk about flexible working"
- Commercial Lines
- General Insurance
- Commercial Property Owners
- Commercial Combined
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'