Underwriter - Buy-to-let Mortgages - Milton Keynes £31k - £37k
An exciting and new Mortgage Operation is being launched in Milton Keynes… As a world-leading real estate expert combining international financial expertise, state-of-the-art facilities and the latest technology to provide a full digital solution, they are well positioned to swiftly become the UK's market leader.
Joining the commercial divisions underwriting team, opportunities to progress your career swiftly are all there for the taking.
As part of a New Lending team, you will be responsible for working with brokers / intermediaries to ensure effective processing of all BTL mortgage applications.
Additionally, to ensure all financial, quality, regulatory, responsible lending and service requirements are maintained.
Whilst not essential, we feel that anyone with non EEA underwriting experience would compliment the team. So if you have knowledge / experience of working with Middle Eastern customers / clients and have experience of the documentation from those regions, passports etc then that would be great, but it is not essential to have.
It is an exciting role and will provide you with a variety of tasks such as:
- To underwrite and process all new buy-to-let mortgage applications from application stage to loan offer. You must comply with all regulatory and conduct risk adhering to lending policy.
- Collaborate with legal advisors, valuers & liaise with borrowers & brokers throughout the process.
- To meet the required quality metrics and standards.
- To liaise, communicate and build strong working relationships with customers, partners, agents, packagers. Ensure lending decisions are clearly structured & documented
- Review initial case assessments according to internal policy. Full case approval & underwriting
- To manage own caseload effectively and meet agreed SLAs for processing new mortgage applications.
- Deliver operational effectiveness within the business area, achieving targets and objectives set by the business
- Must have at least 3 years' experience as an underwriter with experience of mortgage underwriting, the mortgage intermediary market, its products and processes
- Proven experience of underwriting a non-retail entity / professional client, corporate structure, ltd companies.
- Underwriting skills within the buy to let sector
- Demonstrate understanding of TCF and responsible lending, financial crime policies and awareness of regulatory and legislation knowledge (regulated financial services environment)
- RICS valuation
- Application scoring
- Understanding credit referencing reports
- Risk aware - MCOB. KYC & Fraud awareness.
Education and Qualifications:
You will need to be educated to degree level and / or have appropriate professional qualifications to be considered.
It is advantageous to have or be working towards CeMap. Experience with Middle Eastern clients / customers / high net worth individuals with an understanding of Middle Eastern documentation would also have a distinct advantage.
For immediate consideration please send your CV to or call to discuss further.
- Middle East
- High Net Worth
- Buy to Let
- Application scoring
- Intermediary BTL
- Non Retail