Undergraduate Junior Data Analyst - 1 year placement
Help us understand our customers and drive sales in your placement year!
We need an exceptional undergraduate to join us for a placement year. We are offering a 12 month industrial placement within our Financial Services department based at our office in Bolton.
You will work with the Database Analytics Team who are responsible for delivering a range of customer insight, marketing analytics, problem solving and the interpretation of complex data from a variety of sources supporting all areas of the business. Although highly technical in its skillset, this team convey the intricacies of data analytics simplistically, explaining complex problems in ways all business stakeholders can understand
About your placement
This is an opportunity to put the theory you are learning at University into practice and gain invaluable hands on experience in a big business environment. You will be given ownership from the get-go and will be supported and guided along the way by your line manager.
Argos Financial Services
Argos Financial Services supports our brands by offering customers a range of products and services including Credit, Warranties & Insurance provisions. We make it easy for customers to buy the products they want when they want! Did you know Argos has the #1 store card in the UK?
We are committed to treating customers fairly & providing responsible lending.
As a Data Analyst you will:
- Build MI designed to enable managers to make key decisions around business and marketing strategy.
- Data Selections - attend appropriate selection meetings, advising and recommending appropriate selection criteria for specific Argos FS marketing activity. Ownership of the subsequent delivery of the marketing selections.
- Produce ad-hoc analysis both in response to marketing requirements and also proactively. Utilising skills in SAS, SQL and Excel in order to extract information from disparate data sources.
As a Data Analyst your experience will include:
- You will currently be working towards a numerate degree that involves a high level of Statistics or Operational Research.
- You will be proficient in the use of general computing packages such as Word and Excel.
- A good knowledge of data manipulation and analysis using SQL or SAS language.
- Great communication skills to be able to communicate technical solutions and analysis to non-technical people.
Applicants with relevant experience will be invited to a video interview as a first stage process. If successful we will invite you for an assessment day.
As this role involves working in a FCA regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including Credit Check and Criminal Record Check.
What you’ll get in return:
As well as the usual company benefits, which include, 24 days holiday you will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.
- Customer Insight
- Data Analysis
- Problem Solving
- MI reports
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"