Our client a removals specialist based in Kent is seeking a UK Domestic Removals Sales Manager to join their team.
This role is responsible for the delivery of the UK sales division's yearly targets for private UK moving & storage.
As UK Sales Manager, you will be a commercially focused individual with a proven track record of delivering Sales growth through managing new business enquiries, maximizing upselling opportunities and ensuring exceptional delivery of service through excellent relationship building and management of your team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Sales and Move Management
- Understand each lead/ enquiry fully in order to action appropriately and timely
Manage consultants diaries & time effectively to best achieve sales targets
Personally deliver, and manage team members, to provide exceptional responsiveness to customers enquiries
Establish, build and maintain positive and professional relationships with customers and stakeholders
Arrange for preliminary survey of personal effects
Complete over the phone surveys if & when required for short notice moves
Provide pricing support to move consultants and coordination teams as required.
Oversee and produce move plans and quotations
Identify and deliver on client's needs throughout the process
Ensure that requirements are established and understood, and the client is professionally and consistently communicated to
Act as a point of contact to answer incoming sales related questions and close business.
Follow up and close business as required.
Liaise with operations to communicate new bookings or update provisional bookings.
Work with sales teams to ensure spare operational capacity is sold out
Manage the implementation of new and existing business within the company, to ensure that all administrative, operational and financial activities are in place to ensure high levels of service to clients.
Manage customer service issues and provide solutions to resolve problems
- Evaluate business delivery and report performance and sales to the Sales Director
- Provide solutions and improvements to the business for improved future delivery and performance.
- Present projected revenues and profits to the Sales Director
Provide feedback on internal and external trends and improvement strategies
Develop KPI's and targets for self and individuals and provide periodic updates to Senior Management Team
Attend Sales meetings and contribute to developing sales strategies and setting targets, presenting on own area of responsibility
With other departments, ensure that customer feedback and market research is developed to improve service provisions
- Coach team members to improve performance and increase revenue
Provide guidance on quotations and pricing in order to maintain loyalty and maximize profits.
Monitor and share your team's performance through regular feedback and reporting and motivate them to reach their targets.
Keep up to date with your team's pipeline and manage workloads accordingly providing guidance and coaching on sales techniques.
Identifying and upselling opportunities and offering team support to develop sales.
Increase awareness within the team on and implement strategies for continuous improvement.
Ensure there is an open, responsible and positive culture within your department in order to facilitate growth and development.
Conduct regular individual and team meetings, including performance review meetings, and ensure that training needs are identified and met.
Manage performance within the department taking guidance from the HR Manager and Senior Management Team.
Communicate individual and team targets
Ensure that the department is capable of fully servicing clients' needs during holidays and absence by managing bookings and coordinating cover adequately.
Ensure that the flow of information within the organization where your department is concerned is communicated and managed effectively.
Recruitment and selection of new team members and designing and implementing effective induction programs to ensure success ,
Identify and recognize success in your department and align with business goals.
- Builds positive relationships with colleagues offering support and guidance to less experienced team members
Treats all individuals with dignity and respect
- To contribute to close working relationships with all personnel and to help to build an open and honest culture that facilitates learning, quality and excellence.
In return the successful candidate will be offered a salary up to £35,000 plus further benefits:
- 22 days AL plus 8 BH
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Birthday Lie In
- Length of Service/ Recognition Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Company branded clothing
- For our People Managers we have a Management Training Programme (Current programme is over 12 weeks, 6.5 days of training) plus other training job and skills specific
- 6 month probation standard
- 40 hours per week, 8.30am-5.30pm Mon to Friday
- Discounted Removals, Storage and Van hire