UK Sales Manager
Animal Nutrition (Swine, Bovine, Poultry)
Competitive Salary with bonus and other benefits
New opportunity for someone who is ambitious and wants to build on their level of responsibilities and ultimately make a difference in the world of animal nutrition.
My client is a distributor of ingredients to the Animal Nutrition industry with a strong emphasis on supplying quality raw materials and feed additives to their customers as well as providing knowledge and solutions to their clients.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Sales Manager to drive the profitability and increase sales in the UK, managing and developing business relationships within the swine, bovine and poultry sectors nationwide.
Key areas of responsibility for the Sales Manager:
- Delivering budgeted sales and profitability in the GB market.
- Building and maintaining supplier and customer relationships.
- Reporting procedures and completing CRM parameters in order to closely monitor and control the business.
- Working closely with the Sales Director and members of the team, both locally and at European level, to achieve agreed strategies.
- Being responsible for all customer contact, business development and the sales process in this region.
- Managing the business to optimise customer satisfaction by ensuring timely follow up on trials/samples and commitments, including thoroughly following up on customer queries and complaints.
- Bringing solutions to customers through technical skills and commercial expertise.
- Attending and participating in local, UK and European sales and training meetings, as requested.
- Ensuring the company`s quality standards are adhered to during all phases of the trade process.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A thorough understanding of the Animal Nutrition Market in this region, ideally across all, but at least one of the main species sectors, (swine, bovine and poultry) and be well networked in these areas.
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience of successfully developing and implementing innovative sales strategies.
- Proven track record of success in selling feed additives/ ingredients.
- A minimum of 3-5 years` experience in sales of animal nutrition products, with key account management experience and strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Strong ability to commercialise technical aspects of products and convey these to your customers.
- Flexible approach to dealing with both suppliers and customers to ensure delivery of objectives. Strong prioritisation of customers for the delivery of excellent service, with pro-active and supportive attitude.
- B.Agr.Sc/Nutritional qualification or equivalent to degree level.
- Confident in main software systems - word, excel, power point and CRM.
- Energy and drive, with excellent communication & presentation skills and a team player.
Consult Search & Selection Ltd are a specialist recruitment consultancy with dedicated divisions placing senior professionals within Animal Health, Dental, Audiology, Medical, Scientific and Healthcare clients both in the UK and overseas. Our consultants have specialist, detailed knowledge of their individual market sectors and offer an objective, honest and pragmatic service to both clients and candidates alike.
- Animal Feed
- Animal Nutrition
- Business Development
- Sales Management