UK Regional On Road Safety Manager (M/W)
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) On Road Safety Managers play an important role in helping our partners deliver to our customers. We're looking for motivated individuals who want to be the one behind the Amazon smile. Come be a part of a growing new business with the top e-commerce company in the world, to help support the portfolio of carrier partners. We are committed to exceeding customer expectations by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered safely, quickly, accurately, and as cost effectively as possible.
General Responsibilities (covering the UK Southern Region):
· Manage overall compliance with local requirements and authorities
· Managing the health and safety function and relationship between the AMZL Operational team and the Partners to ensure delivery of objectives
· Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across all operations sites.
· Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility including on-road safety.
· Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
· Providing strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to processes.
· Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics.
· Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
· Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast paced environment.
· Continuous Improvement Management with partners, as well as development of SOPs, ensuring Amazon’s requirements, guidelines and policies are communicated and executed by partners.
· Build strong working relationships with internal peers and partners and maintain and improve communication all parties.
· Engage with internal and external business teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve performance and service.
· Systematically escalate problems or deviations from the plan to the responsible people and teams and make sure that the measures taken are implemented.
· Ensure that critical business requirements are met, sometimes with different timelines, review completed operations and ensure compliance with service requirements.
· Develop and implement road safety strategy and the supporting campaigns
The successful candidate will:
· Be experienced in managing regulatory compliance in the transportation environment
· Be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with significant H&S Management experience, gained in a transportation environment.
· Be educated to degree level.
· Be A Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent.
· Have a flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
· Be able to effectively lead and manage a team.
· Be used to operating at all levels of the organization.
· Have excellent communication skills - result orientated and tenacious.
· Have an in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU H&S legislation and on-road best practice.
· Have the credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
Have a demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation.
- Lean, 5S and Kaizen experience
- Masters in Logistics, Transportation or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Proficiency in SQL
About our Rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 80 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your appl
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'