Head of Service
My client is a Global manufacturer and market leader in the production a supply of HVAC products specifically designed for the critical cooling industry.
Their strategy is to increase sales and profitability by expanding its Global presence, strengthening its product line, focusing on product development, manufacturing and quality improvement.
The UK Head of Service will be responsible for driving the continued profitable growth of the company in significant high-visibility strategic service accounts.
The individual selected will initially lead a team that includes the Service Sales Manager, Internal Staff and External Service Technicians.
He or she will provide leadership implementing sales strategies to further the company’s success as a premium and price/premium quality provider of Data Centre Cooling solutions and explore future success and to insure the long-term competitive position in this marketplace
- Develop strategic and tactical sales plans to drive the company’s continued growth with continually improving profitability.
- Execution of the strategy to achieve sales goals through leadership of the staff
- Optimisation of gross profit margins and control selling expenses within the limits of a formal budget, while maintaining high levels of quality account coverage and service
- Working with key peer groups internally, including general managers, sales manager’s project managers, and engineering managers in the development of new services that assure compelling long-term solutions that institutionalize the company with present and new national accounts.
- Participation in market research activities, competitive assessments, customer purchase studies, and comprehensive industry forecasts. This will include identifying new business opportunities, and collaborating in the development of profitable new customer solutions.
- Providing dynamic leadership to the organization in a style that drives positive change, motivation, mentoring and skills to generate high levels of customer satisfaction, productivity and profitability.
- Cultivation of a working climate that encourages self-motivation, participation, development, continuous improvement and teamwork.
- Tracking industry competition to monitor their programs, recognize opportunities for new programs, and keep company in the forefront of the data-centre, chiller and others relevant markets.
- Establishing and maintaining the highest customer satisfaction levels by establishing and meeting competitive pricing and aftermarket expectations.
- Ensuring after-sale support and serve as a point of escalation for issues or activities that customers encounter during product and service utilization
- A sales leader with history and experience
- History of Service Management and Service related roles
- Engineering background - must be able to understand the products and industry and be able to converse and present at board level
- True communicator - a must is that he or she can communicate both up and down the management ladder
- Man manager/leader - an absolute must
- Entrepreneurial - The successful candidate must be able to see opportunities. They must have the right attitude of how to develop new business opportunities and build strong relationships both inside current clients along with the wider external market
- As a leader they must have skills and knowledge of H&S and training - develop from within where needed
- Be able to show a plan of development of what he/she can make of the whole portfolio including service management, maintenance, repair, spare parts and renewals
- Multi vertical experience -Datacenters are a large advantage but knowledge of Hospitals, Education, Telecommunications, White Rooms, Bio-Med, Pharmaceutical and Government will be very useful
- Creation of the financial plans and budgets of the service department.
- Responsible for the turnover, economic efficiency, productivity and profitability of the service department
- Be the face of the company for Service throughout the market - be the "goto" person internally but very importantly externally as well
- Process driven - the ability to embrace change and/or implement it
- Familiar with contacts and service contracts, understanding what is needed in the content and changing if required
- The individual will have personal qualities of honesty and integrity, and an interest in people development.
- A willingness to travel is required.
Recruiting Manager: Richard Warren @ ChapmanTate
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job