A UK leading distributor of scientific instrumentation with a wide portfolio of analytical products requires a fully qualified engineer to join their successful company. The successful candidate will join the service team to maintain their reputation for excellent customer support. As a Field Service Engineer you will install, maintain and repair a range of analytical equipment at customer’s premises, and provide technical support as required. Extensive travel throughout the UK and occasionally overseas is required. Product specific training will be provided by manufacturers and resident engineers. The position is a field based role and offers a competitive salary, benefits and a great company to work for.
Applications from ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
- Performing maintenance and breakdown visits.
- Ensuring customer expectations are managed and met while resolving issues effectively.
- Managing spares stock and job scheduling.
- Ensuring health and safety and administrative compliance.
- Working with the product management team to resolve customer’s technical queries.
- Working with the sales team to develop sales leads.
Qualifications and Experienced Required:
- No specific qualifications are required; however engineering qualifications would be an advantage.
- A high level of education and engineering training is essential.
- A proven track record in a similar field service role with instrumentation is mandatory.
- Experience of working to appropriate health and safety standards and regulations is required.
Skills and Person Specification:
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults and repairing electronic circuits to component level.
- Resolving problems with critical instrumentation in high pressure manufacturing environments.
- Learning instrumental software programs necessary for maintenance duties.
- Familiarisation with office and communications IT.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with customer and colleagues.
- Full driving licence.
- 20 days holiday.
- Company car.
- Non-contributory life assurance.
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Job Title: UKField Service Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours a week
Vacancy Reference: HQ5429
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"