UK Cell Culture and Banking - Research Scientist
Location: Cambridge, Granta Park
AstraZeneca has a proven track record of delivering an extensive range of world-leading projects and products. As the new range of targeted therapeutics move towards the clinic, we are placing an increased emphasis on understanding the links between the chosen molecular target, disease type/stage and drug responses. Key to this is the provision of high quality cellular models for research.
We are looking to recruit a Research Scientist to join our Cell Culture and Banking (CCB) team in Granta Park prior to relocation to new R&D centre in Cambridge. The CCB team within Discovery Sciences is key function that supports a large part of Discovery R&D, through storage and supply of stocks of all cell lines used within Astrazeneca. CCB delivers the cellular reagents that drive projects forward provided with the highest quality, adhering to compliance pertaining to the procurement, shipping, storage & safe usage of all cells. We supply living cultures and cryopreserved cells within and between satellite sites in the UK, Sweden, and USA
In this role you will report to the Cell Culture Team Leader and will be responsible for a wide variety of cells including immortalised cell lines, primary immune cells and iPS cells.
- Maintaining cell cultures, including the bulking of cells for in vitro studies and for in vivo implant purposes using standard methodology aseptic techniques.
- Bulking up of cell lines for cryogenic storage.
- Optimising working practices to supply & provision quality assured cells to standard methodology, on time, to plan and in a safe and compliant manner
- Providing support for retrieval of cell lines from cryogenic storage.
- Maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process.
Essential Candidate Criteria
- You will be hold a degree in a science related subject or have equivalent Cell culture experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good knowledge and understanding of standard IT software packages (Outlook, Word etc.) Understanding of tracking databases would be beneficial.
- Experience of carrying out activities in a timely manner and to the highest standards.
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised to deadlines, planning, organising and setting priorities for own work showing well developed interpersonal and time leadership skills
- Identifying, implementing and sharing continual improvement processes.
- Hands-on experience of cell or bio-banking
- Excellent team working and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across interfaces of subject area, culture, and expertise.
How To Apply
To be considered for this role please apply online before midnight on 6th October 2020.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'