INSPIRATION FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY WORLD
UI/UX Lead Designer
As a UI/UX Design Lead you will be managing a small group of designers and coordinating actions and priorities to best respond to Product Managers requests. More specifically, it includes gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components to be shared with the IT team in charge of actual implementation in products.
Nobody knows consumers better than Kantar. Providing insight and inspiration to help clients flourish in an extraordinary world, we bring together 12 of the world’s leading research, data and insight brands. At the heart of WPP, our global team of 30,000 people in more 100 countries delivers specialist insight, business strategies and consultancy support.
- To roadmap projects on various platforms
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers/frontend programmers
- Running workshops with key stakeholders to facilitate requirement capture
- Managing a small group of designers and coordinate actions
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widget
- Building page navigation buttons and search field
- Developing UI mock-ups (wireframes) and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and that define appearance
- Aligning to Kantar Media Brand guidelines/ Style Guides/ Principles and Governance, including liaising with Product Marketing on Customer Experience strategy/execution
- Challenging the guidelines with new approaches, when appropriate, based on well-structured and reasoned arguments
- Monitoring developments within UX/UI design and pro-actively searching for the latest thinking and software that could be applied to our projects.
User Experience Specific Responsibilities
- Create original and innovative graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create persona experiences with Product Marketing, drawing on user research and data when appropriate/available
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers/developers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends to inform and shape market-leading ideas and designs.
- Proven experience having worked with web applications across various devices
- Proven experience in a similar role as well and able to show some of the work done (preferable through a portfolio)
- Proven experience of design software and wireframing tools.
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
- Adobe Photoshop
- User Interface