Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven solutions enable multinational companies to identify and manage the key political, human rights, economic and environmental risks impacting their operations, supply chains and investments.
As part of the Verisk Analytics family, we are aligned with the world’s leading data analytics organisation. Together, we aim give our clients the insight they need to make better, data-driven decisions through unrivalled analysis and advice.
The Technology team at Maplecroft is responsible for designing, developing, and running the infrastructure and products that drive the company. Maplecroft is a data-driven company, and the Technology team sits at the heart of what we do. We're a small but capable team that values independent thought, critical thinking, and pragmatism.
Verisk Maplecroft requires a UI/UX Designer to join an expanding UX Design team in Bath, with the ability to take a project from wireframe through to final design with a pixel-perfect attention to detail.
The role offers great variety and you will have the opportunity to be involved with both internal and external clients, building web based interactive tools, maps and data visualizations as well as maintaining and enhancing on our entire content delivery system and corporate website.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years commercial experience in designing user experiences and interfaces across different screens and devices, be they mobile, tablet or desktop. You’ll be able to communicate design ideas and solutions effectively and collaborate efficaciously with Product owners, UX and wider Technology team to produce sketched concepts, user journeys, wireframes and navigational prototypes.
- Contribute in designing & developing our internal products and also those of clients
- Making realisable, innovative and cross-device recommendations and solutions for improving the experience (i.e. usability, interaction design and functionality) of our products via collaborative design, lo-to-high fidelity conception, wire-framing & prototyping
- Collaborating with product owners, Tech, Creative and Marketing teams you will need to integrate design methodologies and approaches into the day-to-day delivery process utilising the appropriate methods and tools to provide insights to inform priorities and support innovation
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness, user journeys, pain points)
Knowledge & Experience
- Create low and high fidelity interactive prototypes
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools like Adobe XD, Balsamiq or equivalent to build user flows and journeys
- A great team spirit and strong communication skills
- Experience working in a collaborative, agile and iterative design environment
- Understand the principles of User-Centred Design
- Mobile App Design & Development
Knowledge and experience in any of the following technical areas would be beneficial:
- Accessibility and the importance to adhere to standards and guidelines
- Data visualization
- Knowledge of Pattern Libraries and Design Systems
- Understanding of CMS platforms
- Issue identification, problem solving & analysis
- Planning, implementation and control
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Continuous improvement
Maplecroft Core Values
Maplecroft is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Maplecroft values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Maplecroft's success.
- Interaction Design
- User Journeys