As a Tyre Fitter you will be always thinking of how to achieve the highest standards in customer service, whilst ensuring that safety and quality are top of mind. A Tyre Fitter has technical knowledge and a professional attitude, they are able to work to efficiency/productivity targets and effectively fit tyres, suggest and make improvements.
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount gym membership
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Employee Advantage - retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Correctly removing and replacing the wheels of a vehicle
- Tightening the wheel nuts to the correct torque setting on re-fitting the wheels to the vehicle
- Replacing worn damaged tyres with the correct new tyre from the dealer’s tyre rack
- Inflate the tyre on the wheel to the car manufactures recommended tyre pressure
- Removing and replacing a tyre by using the correct tyre equipment in the car dealer workshop
- Carrying out a tyre puncture repair on a car tyre to the correct British Safety Standards (BS AU159)
- Using the correct tools supplied by the franchise dealership to carry-out the repair
- Working alongside the vehicle technicians within the Inchcape franchise workshop
- Assisting with tyre inspection reporting on an EVHC report
- Correctly measuring a tyre tread depth and report the correct tread depth readings
- Entering data into a VHC report
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally a minimum of 12 months experience within a background of working in a fast-fit car centre or a recognised vehicle franchise dealership
- The practical knowledge of fitting tyres
- The capability of working to the highest quality standards
- Great team player and communication skills
- Maintain high standards of house-keeping
- Prior experience of working to efficiency targets
- A full UK driving license
- Previous career history of being a tyre fitter or this being a part of your job role
About The Company
Inchcape is a leading independent global automotive distributor and retailer operating in 32 countries across the UK, Europe, Russia, South America, Asia and Australasia. As brand custodian for 30 of the world’s leading automotive OEMs (including Audi, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen), Inchcape handles product planning, brand positioning, logistics, marketing, network management, sales and aftersales services.
Inchcape, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, employs 18,000 people worldwide and recorded sales of £8.9 billion in its last financial year.
Inchcape is ambitious! We are pursuing a strategy of growth, both organically and by acquisition, across the globe. We have a number of exciting opportunities for equally ambitious talent.
We are excited about the future. Could we be a part of your future plans too?
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'