We have a vacancy for a Tyre Technician for an immediate start in a busy fast fit centre on Hayling Island, Hampshire.
Our client is part of a Group who are the UK’s largest independent tyre wholesaler, distributor and retailer. They provide coverage across South of England and nationally operating out of 108 centres, they have approximately 1,500 permanent employees in roles including Drivers, Tyre Technicians, Retail Assistants, Mechanics and MOT Technicians. Working for them opens the door to a world of opportunity, a great working environment and fantastic employee benefits.
The Role of Tyre Technician / Fitter
Reporting to the Centre Manager your remit will be to get vehicles back on the road promptly whilst delivering complete customer satisfaction.
As a Tyre Technician you will:
• Be competent in fast fit repairs i.e. tyre fitting, brakes and exhausts.
• Maintain the highest quality of workmanship.
• Ensure the work is carried out in line with Company Procedures.
• Deliver excellent customer service.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements.
• Carry out general servicing and repairs on a wide range of vehicles.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Accurate repair and tyre fitting to all makes of vehicles.
• Perform repairs when required providing quality workmanship at all times, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
• To maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures.
• Remove and refit components and carry out related adjustments in accordance with technical standards.
• Follow all Company Health and Safety Procedures.
• Basic service and repairs on all vehicles.
• Help the Company maintain its industry leading standard of process efficiency.
Skills and Experience Required:
• NVQ in Motor vehicle technology or City and Guilds part 2 an advantage but not essential.
• 12 months experience in Fast Fit environment beneficial.
• Excellent customer service.
• Clean Driving Licence an advantage.
• Able to produce high quality work within specified time frames.
• Able to work independently or as part of a busy team in a fast paced dynamic environment.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Fitter, tyre, technician, mechanic, fast fit, repairs, vehicle, maintenance,
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job