Teaching Personnel are looking for tutors in the North Derbyshire area (Buxton, Chesterfield, High Peak, Glossop) to work with excluded pupils of a variety of ages and abilities.
The students require 1:1 support in cross-curricular subjects including core subjects of Maths, English and Science in addition to PSHE and employability skills.
We are ideally looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A Teacher with either QTS or PTLLS/DTLLS qualifications
- Teaching Assistants with experience planning and delivering intervention
- Confident to work on a 1:1 basis with students who may be very disengaged from education
- Able to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that progress is tracked on a regular basis
- Someone who can act as a positive role model to help students re-engage with their education.
- Someone who is able to boost self-esteem as well as help students to make academic progress
- Committed and dedicated to working with vulnerable pupils on an ongoing basis
- A flexible attitude to ensure the changing needs of each pupil are met
For additional information about this role, please contact Emma Gale as soon as possible.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.