We are looking for inspirational tutors around Thurrock to support children and young people with SEND. Many children with SEND are disengaged with their learning. As a result they may not able to attend schools even if they have a school place. We tutor children face to face in a range of settings including homes, schools and community centres. You may be an experienced tutor or teacher or have experience of working with children in a therapeutic way. One of your aims will be to support and re-engage a pupil in their learning and continue their educational development.
Our pupils have a range of individual needs and abilities. We work very hard to match the skills of the tutor with the child who can most benefit from their skills and expertise. For this reason we would like to hear from various people with the following types of backgrounds:
- People that are qualified Integrative, Play, Art, Drama, Performance, Music or Dance and Movement therapists would work well with some of our pupils who have deep-seated anxiety or mental health issues linked to their special needs.
- People that have a background or qualifications related to Autism and other Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Our tuition is mainly for children and young people with some form of diagnosis.
- People with subject specialisms such as English, Maths etc. across all Key Stages (Early Years up to KS5). Some of our students are working towards academic targets. Tuition may be for certain academic subjects with some adaptation for learner's needs.
- People with an understanding of holistic wellbeing and physical activity.
Tuition is part-time, and takes place during school hours, five days a week.
The successful candidates will:
- be passionate about helping pupils overcome any barriers to learning and difficulties with engagement
- be able to build a rapport and strong relationship with children and their families, and with colleagues
- ideally, have some experience of helping children with their learning
- have the ability to motivate and inspire pupils
- use a person-centred approach in their work
- make the wellbeing, achievement and progress of your pupils central to everything that they plan and do
- have the determination and energy to bring about continuous improvement in mental health and confidence.
At ASEND you will always be well supported by our highly qualified and experienced team and well-remunerated for your work.
If you are seeking a truly rewarding position and are passionate about enriching the lives of young people, then do not hesitate to apply now and one of our specialist team will review your application.
- Mental Health
- Special Needs
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'