We have an opportunity for a Tutor to join our team based in Waterfront, Brierley Hill on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000-£26,000 per annum.
Juniper are an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships.
As our Tutor your role will be to deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups. You will deliver English and/or maths qualifications – either Functional Skills or GCSEs (where applicable) and contribute towards ensuring excellent student attendance & retention.
Key Responsibilities of our Tutor:
- Deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to students
- Ensure that students work-skills are developed and that they are ready for working life by the time they leave Juniper
- Engage external speakers (employers, business people, celebrities, progression/support agencies) in order to enhance the learning experience
- Plan and facilitate enterprise projects
- Deliver training that meets criteria and standards for BTEC
- Deliver GCSE/functional skills qualifications (where applicable)
- Arrange and facilitate motivational visits/activities
- Conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set students appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals
- Assess and map units for BTEC portfolio and assess readiness for FS/GCSE exams (where applicable)
- Conduct and document meaningful student reviews as per procedures
- Invigilate exams and mark functional skills exam papers as appropriate
- Ensure that student attendance & retention targets are met, with absences robustly followed up
- Achieve targets to meet contractual/blueprint obligations
Essential skills we’re looking for in our Tutor:
- Level 2 English & Maths or working towards
- Ability to deliver effective training sessions to groups
- Excellent communicator
- Able to persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
- Able to build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
- Works well under pressure to targets & deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Innovative & solution focused
- Remain positive, with a bubbly, engaging personality
- Excellent organisation skills
- Competent in use of IT
- Ability to meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
Working at Juniper is more than just a job, it’s a vocation. The job satisfaction can be immense, considerable development opportunities exist both in terms of training and progression.
In 2013, we undertook the “Best Companies” assessment which gathered in the views of all our staff on what it’s like to work here. We were delighted to achieve a 3 Star rating – the highest available – testament to our commitment to our staff.
If you would like to join our team as our new Tutor then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job