Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
Nacro's Education centre in Barrow, is seeking an English and Maths Tutor to work within education projects, which will involve working with groups of learners aged 16-19 years on its Study Programme, to achieve City & Guilds English and Maths qualifications up to Level 2 and GCSE, offered to more advance learners.
This role is Part-time post working 36 hours per week. The working hours are Monday - Thursday 9-5 and Friday 9-1.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver training and support to 16-19 year olds on Nacro's Study Programme (all ability levels from Entry Level to GCSE)
- Ensure all relevant young people achieve Functional Skills/GCSE qualifications
- Experience in working and delivering Functional Skills & GCSE's to challenging/disadvantaged client groups
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Develop resources and deliver training programmes to service users
- Carry out initial assessments of the service users
- Create support plans and regularly monitor these
- Use resources efficiently and effectively, ensuring proper use and security at all times
The successful candidate should have experience in guiding a diverse group of clients through the requirements of an awarding body such as City & Guilds and AQA. As well as the ability to identify preferred learning styles and engage difficult-to-reach young people.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Vocational experience and/or qualified teaching qualification
- A Level 4 teaching qualification (Certificate in Education & Training, CTLLS or equivalent) or a Level 5 teaching qualification (Diploma in Education & Training, DTLLS, Cert Ed or equivalent)
- GCSE English, maths and ICT (or equivalent qualifications at Level 2 or above
Salary for this role will be dependent on qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which their work has changed lives here
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job