Tutor - Learning Disabilities
Location: Chelmsford, Witham and Maldon ACL
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,874 - £24,210 per annum ( £10,437 - £12,105 pro rata)
We are currently seeking to appoint enthusiastic and self-motivated part time tutors to plan, prepare, teach and assess the following part time courses for students with learning disabilities: English, Employability, Functional ICT, Music, Making a Magazine, Photography and using an iPad, Science and other community programmes.
Tutors are required in a number of centres including Chelmsford, Maldon and Witham
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop skills to enable progression
* Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups of individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
* Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
* Fully embed maths and English to meet the needs of students and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
* Enable students to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
* Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
* Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
* Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
* To initially assess students' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives and build on and extend learning for all learners
* To support students to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs
* Level 2 in English and maths
* Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and supporting groups with varied needs
* Subject specialism qualification or relevant subject experience is desirable
* DTLLS/PGCE or equivalent (preferable but not essential)
* Be flexible and willing to travel to other centres
* A good knowledge of RARPA processes and/or assessing learner's work for accreditation
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:e
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Learning Disabilities
- Part time