Tutor - Learning Disabilities
Location: ACL Saffron Walden and Harlow
Hours: 6.45 hours per week
Salary: £20.23 - £23.46 per hour
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications.
We are currently seeking to appoint a part time tutor to plan, prepare, teach and assess the following part time courses for students with learning disabilities: Healthy Living, Science and Art and Craft
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
* Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
* Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
* Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
* Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
* Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
* Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
* Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
* To initially assess learners' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
* To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Level 2 in English and Maths qualifications.
- Have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and supporting groups with learners with varied needs.
- Hold a subject specialism qualification or relevant subject experience
- Have DTLLS/PGCE or equivalent (preferable but not essential)
- Be flexible and willing to travel to other centres
- Experience of supporting individuals to achieve accreditation as well as having some knowledge of RARPA (Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement) for learners studying on shorter non-accredited learning programmes.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
- A teacher pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement of a minimum of 25 days (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Learning difficulties
- Saffron Walden