Tutor - English Functional Skills
Salary: £20.23 - 23.46 per hour
Working Hours: 5 hours per week to include one evening
Location: Adult Community Learning Colchester
Interviews likely to take place on 27th or 28th March 2018.
We are currently seeking to appoint part time tutors to plan, prepare, teach and assess the following courses: Functional Skills English to our adult learners at a variety of levels.
Hours will be variable according to curriculum needs. The successful candidate may be required to work daytimes, evenings and/or Saturdays.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- PTLS/DTLLS/PGCE or subject specialism equivalent.
- Minimum Level 3 English and have very good ICT skills.
- Experience in delivering English including employability based subjects to adults.
- Experience of supporting individuals to achieve accreditation and have a good knowledge of RARPA processes.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
- A teacher pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement of up to 29 days per year (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Part time
- Functional Skills