Job Title: Tutor/Assessor
Reporting to: Director of Studies
Hours: Full-time 40 hours per week or part time.
Salary: Full-time £25,000 - £ 32,000; depending on experience. Part time £30 per hour.
Campus: Gants Hill-IG2, Holborn-WC1, Park Royal -W3, Cricklewood-NW2
Job type: Permanent
Subject areas: Business Management, Travel and Tourism, Computing and Health and Social Care
UK College of Business and Computing (UKCBC) is a rapidly growing independent educational institution with 5 campuses in Greater London. UKCBC aims to provide the opportunity to further academic qualifications for those with passion for higher education. The institution is striving to create proactive working environment, develop their employees and support them on every step leading to career progression.
We are seeking to appoint an Academic Support Administrator to undertake a varied range of academic administrative duties to support the students and teaching staff in the overall delivery of the academic programmes.
The candidate will be the first point of contact for students’ academic enquiries and will also support academic staff from various departments. Therefore the ideal candidate must have excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills and strong time-management skills.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- To identify the progressive learners and encourage them towards completing the course within agreed deadlines.
- Continuously maintain communication with the current and previous learners who are required to complete their programme.
- Support the learners with the assignment submission process, resolve E learning access related issues if any.
- Provide additional tutoring on difficult topics, coordinate appointments with subject tutors to enable learners clarify their gaps in learning, understanding concepts.
- To monitor student assignment submissions and support unit lecturers in ensuing students understand the expectations of various assignments.
- To provide formative feedback on assignments, take up assessment responsibilities for grading summative assignments, Internally verify assessments where appropriate.
- To take up any relevant responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Studies/ Director of Quality Assurance, Enhancement and Development
Essentially, this role requires a flexible and pro-active candidate able to work on a variety of tasks within and outside of these main duties and responsibilities whilst working with an attention to detail to a professional standard.
- A Master’s Degree level qualification
- Proven work experience of teaching, supporting and assessing BTEC HND students in FE/AP sectors
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- An ability to work proactively and independently,
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, to set and reorder priorities, and complete tasks within designated deadlines
- Sensitivity and ability to work effectively with people from various diverse backgrounds possessing differing levels of skills and knowledge
- Higher Education
- Academic Tutoring
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job