Homebased in the UK
9-12 month contract
Our client is looking for a Technical Writer - Turkish, to maintain content and drive localization efforts.
Their external business client base is growing rapidly, and as a technical writer on this team you will interact with technical writers and business/product teams in Brazil, Mexico, the U.S., EU, and Asia to draft, edit, localise and review translations from US English to Turkish and maintain editorial content, including help pages, email templates for associates, and announcements for the website platforms. You will participate in content management efforts, process development, and quality governance in support of team success.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- · Outstanding skills in writing about complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- · Proven experience of technical editing/writing in a similar role.
- · Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and deliver results in a fast-faced environment
- · Ability to be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
- · Native speaker of Turkish with fluency in written US English.
- · Outstanding localisation skills from US English into Turkish.
- · Solid experience in project management and coordination.
- · Affinity for technology and a proven background in technical writing or editing.
- · Precise documentation and clear communication skills.
- · Strong XML/HTML skills.
- · Working knowledge of "Trados" or other CAT tools.
- · Knowledge of CMS and machine translation is preferred.
- · Bachelor's degree in Turkish, Communications, Linguistics, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- · 3 - 5 years technical writing/editing experience.
- · Strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- · 3 - 5 years' experience with CMS, "Trados" or other CAT tools, terminology management, HTML and/or XML.
- · Already have work permission for the UK.
- · Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- · Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- · Experience working with product and UI designers and writing UI text.
- · Experience working as part of a global team.
- · Experience working in an agile content development environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job