Tube Laser Operator, Hixon
Hours of work: 4 days on 4 days off, 12 hour shifts, 6.00am to 6.00pm, permanent dayshift
Where you’ll be working
SSC is a successful, fast-paced multi-site manufacturing business with an ambitious growth strategy between now and 2025. As such, we are always looking for the right talent to join our fun and friendly team.
Our core values are at the heart of how we do business. If being Competitive, Successful, Trustworthy, Positive and Hardworking resonates with you, then we may be a great match for one another.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be working within a team of programmers and operators as a Tube Laser Operator, responsible for setting and operating our Adige LT8.10 Tube Laser.
Here are a few key areas of responsibility:
• Operation of our ADIGE LT8 tube laser to cut tube, box section and angle in mild and stainless steel
• Managing the cutting schedule to meet production requirements and maximize capacity
• Work pro-actively and part of a team to improve productivity and efficiency
• Packing and labelling of cut parts ready for dispatch
• Clear and accurate completion of internal paperwork and job sheets
• Loading and unloading material deliveries when required
• Use of forklift, overhead crane and pallet trucks in a safe and courteous manner
• Responsible for checking quality of cut parts to customer, or internal engineering drawings
• Responsible for cleanliness and tidiness of immediate area
• To check machine operation and carry out daily and weekly maintenance tasks
• To store and organise materials in relevant storage areas
• To carry out a stock check of raw materials on a monthly basis
What you’ll need to succeed:
Need to know:
• How to read and understand full engineering drawings
Need to have:
• Experience of ADIGE Tube Laser Machines an advantage
• Experience of setting and operation of laser cutting machinery
• Drivers licence is necessary as we are set in a rural location
Relevant qualifications in the operation of our materials handling equipment must be attained within a reasonable timescale. Training will we given and exams/certificates organised by SSC Laser.
Need to demonstrate:
We have a number of core competencies that we believe are fundamental to both individual and business success.
The following competencies will need to be demonstrated for success:
• Being knowledgeable - knowing your stuff, with an ongoing passion to learn and develop
• Results focused - getting the job done and delivering what was promised
• Effective Teamworker & Communicator - working effectively with others to achieve a common goal
• Great Organisational skills - great at managing priorities and workload
• Takes Responsibility - self-starter who works on own initiative and takes individual responsibility
• Effective and Innovative Problem Solver - Creatively solving problems or improving what we do
What’s on offer?
Competitive salary, 28 days holiday per annum, pension, personal development opportunities.
Plus the chance to work with a great team of people in a relaxed but hardworking environment.
Salary: £17,603- £20,501 per annum
Please apply online for this Tube Laser Operator role with your CV and cover letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.